Friday, May 27, 2011

Field Day

This week has been filled with end of year activities. I didn't realize how hard it would be juggling Zachary and Andrew's EOY stuff. We made it through (barely) though.

Andrew's school had Field Day on Wednesday. I can remember Field Day when I was growing up and surprisingly things haven't changed much. It was hotter than 7 hells out that day. The kids were troopers and despite the heat they kept on moving on. Andrew's class placed 1st out of the Kindergarten classes (Go Huber/Farnsworth!!) and Andrew got 1st place for the sack race. Way to go, Andrew! Some of the kids in his class are über competitive. Thankfully mine saw it as a fun day to romp around with his friends.

Nonnie came to Field Day and was kind enough to watch over Zachary while I watched Andrew's class. Zachary had a blast tromping around Bond Park, but the heat eventually got to he and Nonnie. They made their way back to the shelter and hung out.


No comments: