Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Mother's Day Program

I haven't posted about the other 2/3 of my children lately. It's not because I don't love them. Lord knows I probably love them too much (is there such a thing?). I guess it's because the chaos known as our family takes all the brain power I have at the moment and nothing really stands out as earth shattering.

Today is a day I need to write about. The Cary Christian Kindergarten classes had a Mother's Day program. What a special time it was! Upon arrival we were given handmade corsages to wear. We had special seats marked with our child's picture. We were served strawberries, animal crackers, an oreo and a chocolate chip scone. Can you tell they let the kids pick the menu? The classes combined recited a Mother's Day poem, sang a few songs (You are My Sunshine, Lord Bless My Mother, Help My Mother to Know) and recited the verse for the program, which is Proverbs 31:29 - Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. I could be completely hormonal due to this pregnancy, but I could not help but cry. It was a short program, but one you could tell these precious children took pride in and worked very hard to do. I'm honored and blessed.

In 16 short days (not including weekends) my little guy will be a 1st grader. Where has the time gone? Sigh.

He melts my heart

My place card

We're working on finger spacing between words (really we are), but did you realize that I surpass the mall?

The picture behind him is one he created and it says, "I love my mom because she plays Star Wars Legos with me." That, my friends, is an act of PURE love.

Some of Andrew's buddies. Will (right) is his partner in crime at school. They are Star Wars aficionados.


Added: my sweet child got a much needed hair cut today. Why I didn't take care of that before the program is beyond me. I blame it on the pregnancy.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Too cute!!