Bless my baby's heart, he's been sick this week. Andrew has been very fortunate in his 21.5 months that he hasn't been sick a lot. I can honestly count 2 times where he's been really really sick. I don't count runny noses unless they are followed by a fever. With the weather changing like crazy he's bound to get the snots. This week he's had a horrible cough and all out not feeling good. He's very clinging and whiny and I'm sure it's due to the cough and congestion. His cough was so bad the other night we thought he was throwing up in his crib. The worst part of all of this (besides he's sick) is the medicine. HE HATES IT! We literally have to hold him down with complete body force to get a measly 1.6 mL in him. He gets fighting mad and then proceeds to cough b/c he's mad. It's a chain reaction. The sweet part is he wants you to hold him and he hugs you. At least all is forgiven, right?
In other news... Andrew used the word patient with me the other night. I do believe he understands the word. Conversation as follows:
Scene - Andrew whining b/c he wants something (nothing new here) in the kitchen
Andrew: I need, I need
Mommy: Andrew honey, please wait a minute. Mommy needs to finish cutting your apple. She needs you to be PATIENT with her.
Andrew: I need, I need
Mommy: Andrew, ONE MINUTE, please. Mommy is cutting as fast as she can.
Andrew: I need
Mommy: ANDREW!!
Andrew: Patient Mommy, patient
The End
This is a picture Robbie took of Andrew last night. He was so tired he fell asleep on the bonus room floor. This was a 1st! Note it was taken from a cell phone (quality not so good).
5 comments:
What a sweet picture! Sorry he's been sick! See you two next Friday!
Beth and Avery
Oh, Andrew! My heart breaks for him. I hate it he is sick.
But I have to tell you, just picturing him telling you, "Patient, Mommy, patient," had me laughing.
I feel Andrew's pain. I've had the same coughing junk all week! Poor baby! It's no fun! It's good he's got a "patient" mommy!
Get better soon!
Christian
Poor sweet Andrew, I hope he feels better soon! I'm so impressed with "patient" -- I know he totally gets it!
"Patient, Mommy, Patient".....HAAAAAA!!!! That is adorable!!!
Love you guys, MK & Parker
Post a Comment