Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pint Size Gang - Meeting #1

Note to Rachel and pretty much everyone else: Once a member, always a member no matter where you live. We'll get webcams so he can join us. We are EOG - equal opportunity gang.

Andrew and I had a complete and total blast meeting up with the Charlotte gals. They graciously drove 3 hours or so (plus or minus depending on traffic) to play with Rachel, Kirby, Andrew and me. Thanks Rach for opening your home to us! Can I tell you my child had the best time and is still worn out?!? I've decided to name this group the Pint Size Gang. I hope these kiddos will make friendships that will last years.

We're planning on future meetings to Greensboro, Charlotte and Asheboro. Those who would like to join us, please do (hint hint Lauren and Jack). We don't discriminate!

Edited to add links for places to go:
http://www.gcmuseum.com/flash.htm - Greensboro Children's Museum
http://www.nczoo.com/ - Asheboro Zoo
http://www.natsci.org/ - Natural Science Center
http://www.bounceu.com/ - Bounce U
http://www.shopfourseasons.com/html/storedirectory.asp - Four Seasons Mall
http://www.friendlycenter.com/TEXT/directory.html#Entertainment - Friendly Center - I think this is the best. They've got a whole list of entertainment on their site.


The Pint Size Gang:
Kirby
- gracious host and soon to be world traveler, age 19 mo.
Sam - heartbreaker and future Carolina Panthers player, age 18 mo.
Lily - AKA LilyPie, cutie patootie and soon to be leader of the pack (she'll wrangle these boys one day, just watch), age 11 mo.
Andrew - another heartbreaker (at least mine) and future DUKE player, age 21 mo.
Bennett - Kirby's baby brother, gracious host and little angel, age 3 weeks


Here some pics I took. Check out Leslie and Lora's blogs for more pics.
Leslie and Lora









7 comments:

Lora said...

I'm glad you got some good pictures! I love how you can see my skeleton socks in that picure of Lily :)

Amy, I'm SO glad we got to meet in person. You are as funny and lovely as I imagined you to be. And Andrew! Boy, I could love on him all day! I'm very impressed with his "catch" skills, I think he'll make Duke proud (just don't tell the Chapel Hill girls I said that!).

I'm up and ready for all future visits! Oh, and Lily wants Andrew to know that if her and WB ever break up, she'd like to marry Andrew. These babies have such complicated love lives :)

Leslie said...

Ha ha! The Pint-Sized Gang! I love it! I'm really counting on these kids to become lifetime friends. I know they will! (I also loved your introductions - thank you for calling Sam a heartbreaker, and another thank you for saying he's a future Panthers player)!

Amy, I had such a great time meeting you! You are every bit as fun as you come across on the blog, and I couldn't get over how easy you were to talk to! I feel like I've known you forever. I also loved meeting Andrew. I told Joe about how he plays "catch," and he laughed. Andrew and Sam will become lifelong friends, and they'll also play against each other in college football (wherever Sam decides to go, and we already know Andrew is going to Duke).

Those are all great places to go! I really liked the Bounce U and the Greensboro Children's Museum. The zoo is awesome, too - they were all great!

Avery & Hailey said...

Love it and I would love to join you ladies sometime with Avery! I know she would love to play with everyone! Glad you all had such a great time!!!

Beth

Rachel said...

Very cute. I guess Kirby will get sqeezed out once we move. I hope ya'll will allow him to rejoin when we are home on our breaks. Especially with out Kirby as the link the group would not exsist.:)

Rachel said...

Oh by the way, I'm stealing some pictures.

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Rachel -
You're a nut!

Lora said...

Rach, its gonna take a lot more than you leaving the country for us to kick you and Kirby out of the gang! It's fo' life, yo!