Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Do you ever have days where you have a lot on your mind? Are there times when you're fed up with being fed up? Days when you look at your children and you think about how wonderful they are and how much you love them?

Today I was reminded how short our time here on this earth is, how precious life is and spending my time wanting to yell at my kids for this and that, losing my patience or simply not being the best I can be for them won't do.

Whether you're a praying person or not, I'm asking you (please and thank you) to lift up a family at my church today and in the coming days. Early this afternoon their youngest son passed from a long battle with cancer. I am not close with this family, but my heart is heavy for them. I am convicted about my short temper today. I'm sure this family would give anything for one last time and here I am acting stupid. Yes, I said the "S" word. I pray I am convicted daily, hourly, every second of every day to treat my family, especially my children, with a kind, loving and generous attitude.

Thank the Lord his mercies are brand spanking new every morning.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: