Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Will!







Happy 1st Birthday, Will, Wiki Will, Will.I.Am, Willy, The Fridge, Wiksters! You are loved so very much by your family and friends.  You bring endless amounts of happiness, joy, smiles, entertainment and love to anyone you come in contact with.  Your first year has flown by at warp speed.  I wish so very much I could bottle your baby days, but alas I cannot.  Thank you for blessing my life each and every day.  I look forward to watching you grow into a perfect, young man.

In honor of your 1st year... drum roll...

Weight: 23lbs 7oz (60%)
Height: 30.5 inches (73%)
Head: 18.75 (81%)


  • Sleep -You are consistent.  You're down now by 7:30/8:00 and you'll rise anywhere from 8/9:00am.  When you wake up you are content to play in your crib.
  • You walk now all the time.  You've started running after your brothers.
  • You talk all the time.  You seem to be very happy when you are "talking".
  • You've said Ma Ma, Mah-mee, Dah-dee, something that sounds like Maggie, Da Da, hey and bye and bye bye.  We're working on Nonnie and Ahmy.
  • You recognize names when they are called and look for that person.
  • You're a huge fan of the rubbermaid cabinet as well as the lazy Susan that contains all my cookware.
  • Your eyes are still blue!!!
  • You wear size 12/18 months
  • You wear size 4 diapers
  • Bath time isn't relaxing like most people would think.  I do more of a car wash style on a conveyer belt.  In and out.  We've started bathing you in the laundry room sink.  You LOVE it!
  • We're working on ear infection #5 in the last 3 months
  • You're scheduled for the ENT on Monday.  We'll probably talk about tubes with the doctor.
  • You are mesmerized by Andrew and love talking to him.  He is definitely your favorite person besides me. ; )
  • You love chasing Zachary around the house.  He's not very gentle with you, though.
  • You reach for me if someone else is holding you.  You love for your Ahmy and Nonnie to hold you as well.
  • You're a mama's boy.
  • You have 4 bottom teeth and 4 top teeth.  That's a total of 8 teeth.  At your appt this week the doctor said your molars are coming.   Never once were you grouchy.
  • You've figured out how to blow bubbles and sputter/spit.
  • You wave bye bye and say it at the same time.
  • You had steak and potatoes for the first time and you cleaned your plate.You won't eat baby food anymore.  Can't say I blame you.You really like pizza and mac and cheese.  You'll easily eat 5 or 6 Chick Fil-A nuggets.  You smack them like they are good.
  • You're not a fan of veggies, which is sad since you loved them via baby food.  You did gobble your green beans at Cracker Barrel.  You're definitely a meat and potatoes kind of guy. You love to be outside in the fresh air.  
  • You're going to be a hot weather liking kind of dude.  
  • You sweat like your father, which means I won't need to buy you a winter coat. You love to go running with me.
  • You make me smile and give my heart a reason to be happy.
  • You're growing way too fast.
  • You need regular hair cuts now.
  • You're quite fond of your binkie these days.
  • You don't sit still.
  • You sleep with your lovie that we call Lolly.  You wrap your arms around her and go night night.
  • Like your brothers, you sleep to the Ocean Waves and I think it calms you.
  • So far the majority say you look like me.
  • You like going to the pool.
  • You climb the stairs.  I don't like it.
  • You're very good when we go to a restaurant.  Unlike your brothers were at this age.
  • You've moved up 2 rooms at church and I believe they'll move you again in a few weeks.
  • If arranged marriages were a common thing in the US, I already have your bride picked.  She's quite the catch and she comes from a wonderful family.  It's never too early to start planning and praying.

B-day pictures to come shortly.  Will thoroughly enjoyed his cake and b-day party.





post signature

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Will! He is ADORABLE. And, yes, I think that he looks like you! :-)

*Thanks for your sweet blog comment about Q's teacher/school. Everything seems to be going great, but I might take you up on that phone call one day . . .