Saturday, January 21, 2012

5 Months Old

Will.i.Am is quickly (or it feels like) inching toward being half a year old. I'd love to bottle up his sweetness if I could.

His 4 month (more like 4.5 month stats):
Weight - 14lbs 13oz
Height - 26.25in
Head - 17in

We go back to the doctor in Feb for his 6 month appt. We'll start cereal and maybe a few veggies too.

Today, January 20, 2012, I lowered the crib mattress down to next to the lowest setting. This is a milestone that makes me happy but comes along with a smidge of sadness. I love that Will is growing and requires the mattress being lower, but this will be the last time I lower the crib mattress to that setting. He is growing at an exponential speed. 
 
  • Sleep - I think we've finally gotten things figured out.  Down side... you're not big on naps, which makes the day very LONG, but you crash at night.  You're good to go around 7:30/8:00 and you rise btwn 6:00 - 7:00 (sometimes later).  Some mornings you rise around 5:00, laugh, talk, cry, but you go back down without us having to help you.
  • You are moving your legs in a crawling motion.  You can move your legs, but aren't quite sure what to do with your hands.  The ladies at the gym think you're going to crawl soon, too.
  • You've been to the beach twice now and both times were to Ocean Isle Beach.
  • You talk all the time.  You seem to be very happy when you are "talking".
  • Your eyes are still blue!!!
  • You wear size 3-6 month clothes
  • You wear size 3 diapers.
  • You love bath time and like to splash.
  • You are mesmerized by Andrew and love talking to him.  He is definitely your favorite person besides me. ; )
  • You reach for me if someone else is holding you.
  • You're a mama's boy.
  • You're drooling all the time now.  Teeth still haven't popped through, but it won't be long.
  • You like to watch CMT music channel in the mornings.
  • You'll play in the exersaucer for a bit, but you really just like to be held.
  • When you get a bottle you're drinking 6oz.  We've started nursing more because you're quicker than the pump now.
  • You are an official sleeper in the crib now.  No more pack n play for you.
  • If the devil could be an inanimate object, I'm sure it's our car seat.  In fact, I'm 100% positive.
  • You make me smile and give my heart a reason to be happy.
  • You're growing way too fast.
  • You chew on anything and everything from fingers, clothes, faces, furniture, etc.
  • You're a tummy sleeper and have been since week 8.
  • You love your gym mat and play, talk and play some more, but it doesn't contain you.  You roll off and start wiggling around the floor.
  • You like to listen to our Praise Baby CDs.
  • Like your brothers, you sleep to the Ocean Waves and I think it calms you.
  • You look like Andrew, which means you're going to be super cute.  I am biased, but it's true.
  • You have a good ol' time with your Ahmy.  She has the magic touch with you.
  • We went running together a few weeks ago and you loved it.  You talked for the first part and then fell fast asleep.  Get ready, we're going to be running a whole bunch soon.


No comments: