Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thank You God For Daddy's Sprinkler

Last night Andrew and I were getting him ready for bed and going through our night time routine. Here is our conversation as we said his prayers.

Mom: Ok Andrew, it's time to say our prayers. Ready?


Andrew: Ok, Mommy.

Mommy: Thank you God for Mommy, Daddy, Nonnie, Uncle Chris, Aunt Lauren, Colin, Papa, Grandpa Robert, Uncle Nick, Ahmy..., the trees, the birds, our house, the food we ate, Ms. Fin, Shane, Casey, Riley... AMEN.

Slight pause...
Andrew: Thank you God Daddy's sprinkler

Mommy: What honey?? (note the puzzled look on my face)

Andrew: Thank you God Daddy's sprinkler

Mommy: Thank you God FOR Daddy's sprinkler???

Andrew: Yes, thank you God for Daddy's sprinkler

I'm not making this up! No way could I ever come up with this. My child in his complete obsession with sprinklers reminded me that we needed to thank God for the object of his obsession. Without further ado... Thank you God for my precious child and his obsession with the yard sprinkler. While you are at it God, send some patience to deal with this 2 year old and the tantrums that follow when the sprinkler cannot be played with. Amen.

Once Daddy fixes the server I'll post Andrew and his beloved sprinkler.

PS. Thank you God for the friends who read this blog. I pray you'll touch their loves in a miraculous way.

No comments: